Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Rockin' Ruby

In general, I like to dress myself by first deciding on a character or theme...unsurprisingly, usually "witch" or "pirate." Ahem. I loved dress-up as a kid, and I never quite grew out of it. I find it fun to embrace a new character or personality just by changing outfits.

My outfit inspiration for this week? Ruby from Once Upon a Time. I adore that girl's edgy, over-the-top style; and I used her for inspiration to try some things that were a bit out of my comfort zone.


I got the armwarmers as a gift from a friend, and I loved them but never felt I could pull them off. I thought they looked like something Ruby might wear, so I gave it a go. Perfect way to jazz up a plain white tee. 

Also. Pigtails. Aside from Halloween, I probably haven't worn my hair like that since elementary school. But worn low with a bit of teasing and colored extensions, I felt sassy rather than silly. 

2 comments:

  1. Don't know how you managed to make those pigtails look edgy but I wish I had that ability! (I always wind up looking like Pippi Longstocking.) Also love the armwarmers. I don't watch the show but I love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I usually have that problem, too. I think the trick here was second day hair that had been in a bun all day for texture, and a little teasing to keep it from looking too polished!

      Delete