Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Black on Black: It's All in the Details

Who says monochromatic outfits have to be boring. Unsurprisingly, I often find myself in head-to-toe black on a regular basis (it's not like black is my favorite color or anything...), but I find the single color combo to be anything but lackluster. And, especially in the springtime, far from making you fade into the shadows, black is the best way to stand out in a crowd.


Today's outfit was all about the little details to keep an all black outfit exciting. I didn't want to overdo the accessories because I wanted the focus on the fun shoulder details (I learned that they are called "epaulettes" the other day) on my shirt. I broke up the rest of the look with a few more fun accessories: my studded belt that I wear almost daily, spiked flats, and a wristful of black bracelets.


The shirt I got at Goodwill (and now that I've graduated college and have to be a mature adult, I will no longer try to wear it as a dress). The jeggings are from Hot Topic. The spiked flats are from Target, and they were the best $20 I've ever spent. Here is a close-up of the flats from Target's website. I refuse to wear sandals in the summer, so these are my alternative, and I adore them. Also, this is the first and only pair of flats I've owned, because I've never found a pair that a) are comfortable or b) don't make my giant feet look like boats.


And lastly, a close-up of the bracelets, two of which are from Hot Topic (typical), the other from Sequin. I love mixing up which bracelets I pair together to create new looks


What are your thoughts on black on black outfits?


4 comments:

  1. A quintessentially "you" outfit. I love it!! That's one of my favorite shirts of yours, haha and I'm glad you've finally realized it isn't actually a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the details on your top and those flats! In fact I think I saw them at Robin's place tonight and was jealous ;) You pull off ALL BLACK so well! I'm jealous! Looking gorgeous as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) And I've been doing the all black thing for years, so lots of practice pulling together outfits :)

      Delete