Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Last minute outfit

So I really wanted to write a blog post today, but also had no excuse to leave the house. I spent the day in my pajamas doing my annual reread of Harry Potter. Luckily, I was saved from my solitude (ok, I was thoroughly enjoying it, but was ready for an excuse to get out) when a friend texted me and asked to meet up. Which meant getting ready in a hurry. And this is what I threw on.


I guess there's been a definite theme to my outfits lately: black on black + denim. Today was no different. I did my summer shopping this past weekend, and have been itching to wear these new shorts from Forever 21  ever since. (My goal was to buy work-appropriate clothes...I bought things like the shorts, a cut off t-shirt, skull headband, and skull dress...fail.) I love the high-waisted trend going on right now. I have a rather long torso proportionately, and the high waistline helps to lengthen my legs and shrink my torso. Plus, what's not to love with those spikes?!


The jacket is also from Forever 21 from a few years back, but I had grown bored with the plain denim. I sewed on these cute shoulder epaulettes from Hobby Lobby for a cheap wardrobe update. I absolutely love weather like today where shorts and a jacket are appropriate! And once again, the studded boots make a reappearance (told you  I'll wear boots all summer, even with shorts!).


My favorite article of clothing to wear when I'm getting dressed in a hurry and need something that's guaranteed to be cute and flattering is a black tee. I got this one at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame last summer. It's simple, but the slim fit and v-neck make it flattering, while the skull design gives it edge. (It's rare I go a day without wearing some sort of skull apparel, and there was no time to accessorize!) And paired with the black shorts and boots, this outfit goes from simple to statement.

What are your go-to items when you want to look cute in a hurry?

2 comments:

  1. THE SPIKED SHORTS are amazing! Great find :) And I'm loving that you add denim to your looks for summer! It is still edgy, but makes it summery, if that makes sense :) AND YOU ARE RIGHT: Those shorts make your legs look miles long... hottie alert!

    Meh, the whole buying clothes appropriate for work is overrated ;) I have been trying to for the past 3 years and still fail. I can buy dresses with cutouts right? Well yes, but can't wear them to work. Oh well! Hmmm my go-tos in a hurry are usually a skater skirt or skinny jeans + t-shirt + scarf and flats or booties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! *blushing*

    And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles with the "work appropriate" thing. :)

    And good call! I feel like throwing on a scarf instantly makes an outfit look pulled together!

    ReplyDelete