Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Everyday Slytherin Outfit

Well, it's finally spring here in the Midwest! (It was snowing this weekend...come on!) Fall and spring fashion is my favorite. I love being able to wear layers, light jackets, and boots, but I hate when it's so cold you have to bury it under thick winter coats. So what better way to celebrate the coming of my favorite season than with my first official outfit post?




Each summer, I find my undying obsession with Harry Potter strengthened. Maybe it's because I was conditioned growing up for the new books/movies to be released in the summer. Even years after the last book/movie release, I still find myself feeling the same way. I just recently began my annual re-reading of the series, and I've found it infiltrating every aspect of my life.



I've literally worn all the Slytherin gear I own this week (usually multiple items at a time...I don't have a problem or anything...), but this was the most subtle take. I called it "Everyday Slytherin" because it felt to me like what an edgy Slytherin might wear in the real world. I've also worn this outfit in one of my more "pirate" fashion moods by switching up my accessories.



Pretty much everything I am wearing I bought at Hot Topic, including the gray jeggings, skull sports bra, Slytherin necklace, and combat boots. The button up shirt/vest, which I bought at a thrift store. 


Also, on a different day this week, I decided to rock my Slytherin tie with a t-shirt and jeans. Because why the hell not? It's alarming how many times I buy something for a Halloween costume and end up wearing it in "real life." The tie can be purchased from the WBShop.

What do you think? How do you dress to your obsessions? 

4 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with that tank top you're wearing under your vest! (And of course your amazing combat boots...) Love the contrast between your dark edgy look and the spring greenery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      And it's actually a skull sports bra, and I wear it with everything. Here's the link to it if you're interested; I didn't realize it was still available since I bought it awhile back: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Girls/Lingerie/BrasBandeaus/Teenage+Runaway+Skull+Rose+Sports+Bra-300545.jsp

      Delete
  2. Love the Slytherin inspired look! Can I request a future blog post with three HP house related outfits in say two-three weeks?

    ReplyDelete