Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rocker chic and slitted maxi skirt

Another of my favorite themes for my outfits is rock n roll. I love rocker chic: band shirts, denim, black. This is an outfit from a few days ago, but as I've been rather busy moving, I'm just now getting to it (so y'all get to enjoy two new posts today, yay!).

This outfit is a bit of a departure from my usual head-to-toe black (although, as my friends pointed out, gray isn't really a color either). But hey, I need to shake things up sometimes! This black slitted maxi from Lulu's adds sass to any outfit. The slits are sexy, but as they stop mid-thigh, they're not too scandalous.


I liked pairing the long sexy skirt with something a little rougher up top. The Rolling Stones are one of my favorite bands, and I picked up this sweet t-shirt at H&M a few years back. I didn't love how it fit, so I chopped off the sleeves and neckline. I'm all about taking scissors to old clothes I love that don't fit quite right to update the look and make them fit better. This denim vest from Charlotte Russe (I also got it a few years back), is one of my favorite articles of clothing to instantly update any outfit. I adore vests because you can throw them on top of anything to completely change the look of an outfit. I usually like to wear this over an all-black outfit to add some dimension.


To complete the look: sunglasses, a cuff bracelet, and the spiked flats making a reappearance. I am in love with these Calvin Klein sunglasses I picked up at TJ Maxx this week. I am notoriously bad at picking out unflattering sunglasses, an no one bothered to inform me of this until recently. I've spent years wearing skinny, unflattering frames and thinking I looked hot. Fail. And then I found these (with help; I now always bring a friend when picking out sunglasses!). The cat-eye style and large frames look much more at place on me since my head and jaw are also large. I decided to once again keep the accessories for this outfit simple because of the statement vest.

And lastly...


Just thought I'd throw this last picture in for laughs because I look like I'm four feet tall with no legs...ha.


6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a denim vest over a tank - such a cool look!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new sunglasses friend! You look so good in big frames! The entire look is great actually. I've always loved that vest and it looks great with the maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Success! Finally got rid of those awkward skinny ones you made fun of me for. :) And thanks friend!

      Delete
  3. Love the double slit skirt! I have seen that these are in right now I'm scared to try them though, you look amazing in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try! There are so many variations on them available that I'm sure you could find one that works for you! And thank you :)

      Delete