Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

High-waisted Jeans and Crop Top

It took me years to find a pair of high-waisted jeans like this that fit well and then to develop the confidence needed to wear them. I've had a weird obsessions with them for years, and it was even on my bucket list to buy and wear a pair of these things. I picked them up at Goodwill for like $2 a few summers ago, and have just now started wearing them. Besides the fact that moving and sitting are difficult (literally NO stretch) I love them. They go perfectly with the 90s inspired fashion kick I've been on lately.  


This crop top was a total steal from Asos. I seriously wish I had, like, ten of them. It's the perfect length to pair with high-waisted bottoms; not too long or too short. And it's the best motivation to stay in shape! I've realized crop tops are the key to keeping high-waisted jeans from looking like "mom jeans."


While buying all of my work-inappropriate clothing last week, I also picked up these aviators from Forever21. I reckoned it's not a bad idea to own a backup pair of sunglasses -- especially when they're only $5!


Can't go anywhere without my Slytherin necklace and some black eyeshadow!

4 comments:

  1. I am loving the crop top on you! I so badly want to get one, but I'm still not sure ;) I would probably wear it with my maxi skirts! Love your necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And they're not scary, especially with all the cute high waisted skirts and shorts that are in right now. You could definitely pull it off :)

      Delete
  2. I think this is such a fun and sexy look - and totally vintage!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete