Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lace-up dress and ripped-up tights

I'm once again loving the spring weather so that I can wear more of my little black dresses I love so much. I picked this one up at a thrift shop, and loved the witch-y feel the collar and the lace-up detail in the front...almost like edgy Hogwarts robes or something. At least that's what I like to tell myself. 


This dress is perfect for the cool spring weather because it's a rather thick and not breathable material. Also, tights are a necessity since it's a tad shorter than I would like. But it was too cute to pass up and the stretchy material meant it fit well everywhere besides the length. I shredded the tights myself to wear with this, as plain black, opaque tights made the outfit too boring and one-dimensional. Oh, and I love any excuse to toss on a denim jacket. Why can't we get more than a couple weeks of cool spring weather in the Midwest??


The boots are a cheap Target pair that I studded myself and blogged about a few weeks ago. You can read that post here.



Here's a close-up of the cool collar and lace-up detail at the neck of the dress. And of course, I'm not without my Slytherin necklace!


What do you think? How do you break up a black on black on black outfit to make it fun and interesting? What are your favorite spring articles of clothing?

6 comments:

  1. Love the look! (Especially your eye makeup and those DIY boots!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grungy 90s vibe of this look, friend! I feel like spring is such a perfect time to mix your edgy black pieces with something lighthearted like a denim jacket. (Also love when you post lots of pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! And more pics to come on all future posts...I finally have a camera that is not a) my phone or b) held together by electrical tape...

      Delete
  3. YAY ZOE! I am so glad I HAVE A real life friend to follow on a blog now lol :) This is such a cute outfit! I love how edgy it is and the denim jacket really pulls it all together :) So excited to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited too! Your blog definitely helped inspire me to get mine up and running :)

      Delete